"There is no such thing as a moral or an immoral book. Books are well written, or badly written."
- Oscar Wilde
Here is a list of books im planning to read this 2012. Im not that much of a reader so im trying to be one now. Help me God. This is not much but i know somehow it will force me to focus on my goal. My books have become so dusty they deserve my attention. To all you book lovers out there, it would really mean a lot if you could give me ideas on how to achieve my goal.
Books i have on my shelf that needs reading:
1. A Sand County Almanac by Aldo Leopold - (this one talks about our environment, i am really interested.)
2. Sophie's World by Jostein Gaarder - (A novel about philosophy. I am currently reading this now :)
3. The Giver by Lois Lowry - (done reading this one but would like to read it again. I was not able to understand it that's why.)
4. Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery - (halfway through; read again)
5. The Great Gatsby by Fitsgerald
6. A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle
7. Fear and Trembling by Amelie Nothomb
8. As A Man Thinketh by James Allen - (one of my fave book, re-read)
9. Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli - (one of my fave also, would love to read again)
10. The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy
11. The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren - (Was able to read the 1st chapter only; allocate 40 days of reading)
12. Life of Pie by Yann Martel
13. The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
14. Frankenstein by Shelley
15. Small Change by Susan and Larry Terkel
16. Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden
17. The Examined Life by Helming
18 The Picture of Dorian Gray - (Was able to read the first few chapters and then stopped, I can't stand Dorian's vanity, would love to try it again this time)
19. A Thread of Grace by Mary Doria Russel
20. One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
21. Reading Lolita in Tehran by Azar Nafisi
22. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
23. The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkein
24. Your Best Life Now by Joel Osteen
25. Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson -(was not able to finish)
So that's 25 books all in all. As you can see the pattern, i have a way of reading books without even finishing them. I'm like a rolling stone when it comes to books, i gather no moss. Sometimes i get really lazy especially if the book aint fun at all. The tendency to doze off is really high. But, hey i can read books in one sitting, like really funny books. I love books that have humor glimmering in every page.
One way to attack/achieve my goal is to maybe read one book for a week and then for those books that i want to read again it would be for December. There are 52 weeks in a year but im making allowances so 25 books to read for one year would probably be enough. What an allowance that is! Aint bad, aint bad.
If you have any suggestions, i would love to hear from you.